DHSS reports one new death and 61 new COVID-19 cases among residents
DHSS today announced 80 new people with COVID-19 in Alaska and one new death. 61 are residents in 13 communities: Anchorage (40), Fairbanks (4), Juneau (3), Palmer (2), Wasilla (2), Utqiaġvik (2), Northwest Arctic Borough (2) and one each in Bethel Census Area, Eagle River, Kusilvak Census Area, Metlakatla, Wrangell and Valdez.
19 new nonresidents were also identified in:
- Kenai Peninsula Borough: 5 seafood industry in Seward
- Kodiak Island Borough: 7 seafood industry in Kodiak
- City and Borough of Juneau: 1 seafood industry in Juneau
- Bristol Bay and Lake & Peninsula combined boroughs: 3 in the seafood industry
- Location still under investigation: 1 other industry and 2 North Slope oil
This brings the total number of Alaska resident cases to 3,341 and the total number of nonresident cases to 723.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - Department of Health and Social Services is reporting one new COVID-19 death and 61 new cases of COVID-19 in Alaska residents.
Since March there have been 25 total deaths due to COVID-19.
The new cases bring the COVID-19 total among Alaska residents to 3,341 and 723 total nonresident cases.
Currently, there are 946 total recovered cases and 2,370 active cases.
New cases were found in:
- Municipality of Anchorage: 41 residents
- Fairbanks North Star Borough: 4 residents
- Juneau City and Borough: 3 residents
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough: 4 residents
- Prince of Wales-Hyder Census Area: 1 resident
- Bethel Census Area: 1 resident
- Northwest Arctic Borough: 2 residents
- North Slope Borough: 2 residents
- Wrangell City and Borough: 1 resident
- Kusilvak Census Area: 1 resident
Copyright 2020 KTUU. All rights reserved.