DHSS reports 84 new COVID-19 cases among Alaska residents
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - The Department of Health and Social Services is reporting 84 new cases related to COVID-19 in Alaska residents. The new cases bring the COVID-19 total among Alaska residents to 4,520 and 812 total nonresident cases.
Currently, there are 1,513 total recovered cases or presumed recovered cases for both residents and non-residents and 3,790 active cases. Since March there have been 29 total deaths related to COVID-19.
Here is a breakdown of where each death has been reported:
- Anchorage: 16
- Anchor Point: 2
- Fairbanks: 5
- North Pole: 1
- Yukon-Koyukuk Ceneus Area: 1
- Wasilla: 2
- Juneau: 1
- Petersburg: 1
The new cases announced Tuesday are in the following communities.
- Municipality of Anchorage: 43
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough: 1
- Fairbanks North Star Borough: 11
- Juneau City and Borough: 5
- Kenai Peninsula Borough: 2
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough: 10
- Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area: 1
- Bethel Census Area: 2
- Nome Census Area: 1
- Kodiak Island Borough: 2
- Northwest Arctic Borough: 3
- North Slope Borough: 2
- Valdez-Cordova Census Area: 1
So far there have been 312,647 COVID-19 tests done in the state. For more information on COVID-19 visit the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services Coronavirus Response Data Hub by clicking here.
Copyright 2020 KTUU. All rights reserved.