Anchorage mayor-elect announces members of leadership team, division directors
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - Anchorage Mayor-elect Dave Bronson announced two new key members of his administration on Monday: former Lt. Gov. Craig Campbell and Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development Deputy Commissioner Amy Demboski.
Campbell was named chief of Bronson’s staff during a Monday press conference. Demboski will be his municipal manager.
“From the beginning, our team has been determined to put together a team focused on making Anchorage a better, brighter, and more resilient city,” said Bronson at the press conference.
The two were among 20 appointees that Bronson named as members of his senior leadership team and division of directors on Monday.
“Our community has seen unprecedented challenges over the past year, as we emerge from this pandemic it’s time to come together to blaze a new plan, a new path for the city of Anchorage,” said former Anchorage Assembly member Demboski.
Bronson said he is focused on the future and feels the people announced Monday are key.
“My message to each and every member of our team is this: we are here to support and serve the people of Anchorage, “ Bronson said. “To listen, to learn, to never take our role as public servants for granted, to bring new ideas, and new solutions to the table, to encourage growth and economic activity, and to provide to the level of services we should all expect.”
Among the appointees announced Monday is Niki Tshibaka, an assistant commissioner in the state Department of Education and Early Development and husband of former Department of Administration Commissioner Kelly Tshibaka, who is running for the U.S. Senate seat held by Lisa Murkowski. He’ll serve as Bronson’s human resources director.
Also announced Monday was Mike Robbins, chair of the Alaska Republicans District 26. He was one of the many opponents Bronson faced in the Anchorage mayoral election, and will be the executive director of the Anchorage Community Development Authority.
Bronson is set to be sworn in as mayor at 8 a.m. Thursday, July 1 at Bean’s Cafe.
- Municipal Manager: Amy Demboski
- Chief of Staff to the Mayor: Craig Campbell
- Director of Community Engagement: Portia Noble
- Director of Legislative Affairs: Terrence Shanigan
- Director of Boards and Commissions: Stephanie Williams
- Chief Fiscal Officer: Travis Frisk
- Director of Enterprise Services: Kolby Hickel
- Director of Office of Management and Budget: Karl Raszkiewicz
- Director of Human Resources: Niki Tshibaka
- Director of Department of Health and Human Services: David Morgan
- Executive Director of Community Development: Adam Trombley
- Director of Public Works: Lance Wilber
- Director of Building Services: Ronald Thompson
- Director of Maintenance and Operations: Saxton Shearer
- Director of Real Estate Services: Christina Cope Hendrickson
- Purchasing Director: Rachelle Alger
- Librarian: Sami Graham
- Director of Information Technology: Marcus Dahl
- Homeless Coordinator: Dr. John Morris
- Executive Director of Anchorage Community Development Authority: Mike Robbins
- Director Port of Alaska: Steve Ribuffo
- General Manager of AWWU: Mark Corsentino
- Director of Solid Waste Service: Mark Spafford
- Director of Parks and Recreation: Josh Durand
- Director of Project Management and Engineering: Kent Kohlhase
- Director of Development Services: Bob Doehl
- Director of Planning: Michelle McNulty
- Municipal Treasurer: Dan Moore
- Director of Transportation: Jamie Acton
- Municipal Projects Director: Alden Thern
- Municipal Controller: Molly Morrison
- Transportation Inspector: Carrie Belden
- Director Merrill Field: Ralph Gibbs
Previously Announced Appointments:
- Anchorage Police Department Chief: Ken McCoy
- Anchorage Fire Department Chief: Doug Schrage
- Municipal Attorney: Patrick Bergt
Editor’s note: This story was updated with additional details.
Copyright 2021 KTUU. All rights reserved.