City of Unalaska begins operating public charters
While regularly scheduled flights with Ravn Air aren’t quite back in Unalaska, the city has taken matters into its own hands following
that killed one and injured several others.
After declaring a state of emergency on October 29, the city has received approval from the Department of Transportation to
Seats on the flight cost $600 each way, and must be reserved by calling either 907-266-8394 or 1-800-866-8394. The city is also
to determine the best number of flights and when to schedule them.
As for Ravn’s scheduled flights, they
that scheduled service using Dash 8 planes would start some time during the week of November 4th, following internal preparation and FAA approval. KTUU contacted Ravn Air for an update on their progress, and they referred us back to that statement.
So for those currently looking to get in or out of Unalaska here are the current options:
- The City of Unalaska is offering public charters for $600 a seat on Nov. 4 and 6.
- Private charters can be scheduled through Ravn Air,Grant Aviation,Security Aviation,Dena’Ina Air Taxi, and Anchorage Aero.
- Security Aviation is also offering scheduled flights 3 times a week.
- Information about these flights, as well as any others that may be going in or out of Unalaska is being posted on the Unalaska Plane Charter Coordination Facebook Page.
- And Ravn’s scheduled Dash 8 flights are expected to start some time in the near future.