UPDATE: 36 new cases reported by DHSS; here is your case count summary
UPDATE: CASE COUNT SUMMARY, Tuesday, June 30, 2020
DHSS today announced 48 new cases of COVID-19 in Alaska; 36 are residents of eight communities:
Eagle River (1)
Valdez-Cordova Census Area (1)
This brings the total number of Alaska cases to 940.
12 new nonresident cases were also identified in:
• Combined Bristol Bay and Lake & Peninsula boroughs: 5 seafood industry
• Kenai Peninsula Borough: 2 tourism and 1 unknown industry
• City and Borough of Sitka: 2 seafood industry
• Municipality of Anchorage: 1 unknown industry
• Dillingham Census Area: 1 seafood industry
This brings the total number of nonresident cases to 195 (one case from yesterday is not on the data dashboard today, but will be included on Wednesday).
Of the 36 Alaska cases, 18 are male and 18 are female. One is under 10; one is aged 10-19; nine are aged 20-29; nine are aged 30-39; seven are aged 40-49; three are aged 50-59; four are aged 60-69 and two are aged 70-79.
Recovered cases now total 526, with one new recovered case recorded yesterday. A total of 112,185 tests have been conducted. The average percentage of daily positive tests for the previous three days is 1.48%.
This report reflects data from 12:00 a.m. until 11:59 p.m. on June 29 that posted at noon today on the Alaska Coronavirus Response Hub.
Alaska has seen another increase in active COVID-19 cases with the
reporting 36 new COVID-19 cases among residents in the state.
State records show 400 active cases in Alaska residents.
22 cases of COVID-19 were reported in Anchorage, five in Fairbanks, one in Juneau, five in Kenai, two in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough, and one in Valdez-Cordova Census Area.
- Anchorage: 22
- Fairbanks: 5
- Juneau: 1
- Kenai: 5
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough: 2
- Valdez-Cordova Census Area: 1
12 nonresidents also tested positive for COVID-19. This brings the total nonresident case count to 194.
- Kenai Peninsula (2) - Tourism
- Kenai peninsula (1) - unknown
- Sitka (2) Seafood Industry
- Bristol Bay + Lake & Pen - (5) Seafood Industry
- Dillingham Census area - (1) Seafood
- Anchorage (1) - unknown Currently, the State of Alaska sits at 940 total cases of COVID-19. 526 cases are marked as recovered. With 67 total hospitalizations. There are 14 COVID-19 deaths for the state. Copyright 2020 KTUU. All Rights Reserved.