Woman displaced in fire says family members hospitalized by fire

 Audrey Brown
Audrey Brown (KTUU)
Published: Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:20 PM AKST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Audrey Brown said she and her family escaped from the Royal Suite Lodge fire, on early Wednesday.

Brown said her kids left the building without shoes, and they are all trying to cope with figuring out what comes next.

"We got burnt out of house and home," Brown said.

Brown said she's also concerned about her niece and nephew, Reuben and Honilyn Holder, who were hospitalized. The two also lived in the building.

"I didn't get to see them, yet," Brown said. "I just want to let them know I love them."

Brown said one was at Alaska Regional Hospital, while the other was at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson's (JBER) hospital, on base.

Alaska Regional Hospital confirmed that Reuben is in stable condition.

JBER hospital said that all three patients taken to its hospital were treated, and they are now in stable condition, too.