Geno Smith Week 2 Preview vs. the Lions
Geno Smith will be up against the ninth-worst passing defense in the NFL when his Seattle Seahawks take on the Detroit Lions in Week 2, on Sunday at 1:00 PM ET.
Last season Smith recorded a huge passing stat line with 4,282 yards (251.9 per game), to go along with a 69.8% completion percentage (399-for-572), 30 TDs and 11 INTs. Smith added 366 yards rushing on 68 attempts with one TD, averaging 21.5 yards per game.
Check out the latest odds and place your bets on Smith and the Seahawks with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Smith vs. the Lions
- Smith vs the Lions (since 2021): 1 GP / 320 PASS YPG / PASS TD
- Last season, Detroit allowed six quarterbacks to put up over 300 passing yards in a game.
- Last season, the Lions allowed 16 QBs to throw at least one TD pass in a game.
- Against Detroit last season, eight players threw for at least two touchdowns in a game.
- Versus the Lions last year, two players threw for at least three touchdowns in a game.
- The 245.8 passing yards the Lions allowed on average per game a season ago made them the NFL's 30th-ranked defense against the pass.
- The Lions' defense was ranked 23rd in the league with 26 passing TDs conceded last year.
Seahawks Player Previews
Geno Smith Passing Props vs. the Lions
- Passing Yards: 258.5 (-115)
- Passing TDs: 1.5 (-110)
Put your picks to the test and bet on Smith with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Smith Passing Insights
- Smith hit the over on his passing yards total in seven games last season (41.2% of total opportunities).
- The Seahawks, who ranked ninth in the NFL in points scored last season, dropped back to pass 57.4% of the time while opting for the ground attack 42.6% of the time.
- With 4,282 yards on 572 pass attempts, Smith was ninth in the league with 7.5 yards per attempt last year.
- Smith threw for a touchdown 15 times last year in 17 games played, including multiple TD passes 12 times.
Geno Smith Rushing Props vs the Lions
- Rushing Yards: 12.5 (-118)
Smith Rushing Insights
- Smith hit the over on his rushing yards total in 11 games (64.7%) out of 17 opportunities last year.
- Smith rushed for a touchdown once last year in 17 games played.
Smith's Last Season Performance
|Opponent||Date||Week||Passing Stats||Rushing Stats|
|vs. Broncos||9/12/2022||Week 1||23-for-28 / 195 YDS / 2 TDs / 0 INTs||6 ATT / 14 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at 49ers||9/18/2022||Week 2||24-for-30 / 197 YDS / 0 TDs / 1 INT||2 ATT / 2 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Falcons||9/25/2022||Week 3||32-for-44 / 325 YDS / 2 TDs / 1 INT||2 ATT / -1 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Lions||10/2/2022||Week 4||23-for-30 / 320 YDS / 2 TDs / 0 INTs||7 ATT / 49 YDS / 1 TD|
|at Saints||10/9/2022||Week 5||16-for-25 / 268 YDS / 3 TDs / 0 INTs||3 ATT / 13 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Cardinals||10/16/2022||Week 6||20-for-31 / 197 YDS / 0 TDs / 0 INTs||6 ATT / 48 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Chargers||10/23/2022||Week 7||20-for-27 / 210 YDS / 2 TDs / 1 INT||4 ATT / 7 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Giants||10/30/2022||Week 8||23-for-34 / 212 YDS / 2 TDs / 0 INTs||5 ATT / 26 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Cardinals||11/6/2022||Week 9||26-for-34 / 275 YDS / 2 TDs / 1 INT||6 ATT / 38 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Buccaneers||11/13/2022||Week 10||23-for-33 / 275 YDS / 2 TDs / 0 INTs||4 ATT / 22 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Raiders||11/27/2022||Week 12||27-for-37 / 328 YDS / 2 TDs / 1 INT||5 ATT / 22 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Rams||12/4/2022||Week 13||28-for-39 / 367 YDS / 3 TDs / 1 INT||2 ATT / 3 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Panthers||12/11/2022||Week 14||21-for-36 / 264 YDS / 3 TDs / 2 INTs||3 ATT / 20 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. 49ers||12/15/2022||Week 15||31-for-44 / 238 YDS / 1 TD / 0 INTs||1 ATT / 18 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at Chiefs||12/24/2022||Week 16||25-for-40 / 215 YDS / 1 TD / 1 INT||3 ATT / 16 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Jets||1/1/2023||Week 17||18-for-29 / 183 YDS / 2 TDs / 0 INTs||5 ATT / 18 YDS / 0 TDs|
|vs. Rams||1/8/2023||Week 18||19-for-31 / 213 YDS / 1 TD / 2 INTs||4 ATT / 51 YDS / 0 TDs|
|at 49ers||1/14/2023||Wild Card||25-for-35 / 253 YDS / 2 TDs / 1 INT||4 ATT / 28 YDS / 0 TDs|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.