Geno Smith vs. Andy Dalton in Week 3: Seahawks vs. Panthers Preview, Stats
With the Seattle Seahawks (1-1) and the Carolina Panthers (0-2) squaring off on September 24 at Lumen Field, Geno Smith and Andy Dalton will go toe to toe at the quarterback position. We analyze the two signal callers below, digging into the numbers and trends that will impact this matchup.
Seahawks vs. Panthers Game Info
- Game Date: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Venue: Lumen Field
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Want to rep Smith this season? Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Geno Smith vs. Andy Dalton Matchup
|Geno Smith||2022 Stats||Andy Dalton|
|4,282 (251.9)||Passing Yards (Per Game)||2,871 (205.1)|
|366 (21.5)||Rushing Yards (Per game)||54 (3.9)|
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
|PointsBet||Click Here||2x Second Chance Bets Up To $2,000|
Other Matchup Previews
- Click here for Patrick Mahomes II vs. Justin Fields in Week 3
- Click here for Kenny Pickett vs. Jimmy Garoppolo in Week 3
- Click here for Jalen Hurts vs. Baker Mayfield in Week 3
- Click here for Matthew Stafford vs. Joe Burrow in Week 3
Panthers Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Panthers were middle-of-the-road in points allowed (22 per game), ranking 19th in the league.
- When it came to defending the pass, Carolina was bottom-10 in passing yards allowed last season, giving up the 10th-most passing yards in the NFL with 3,868 (227.5 per game). It also ranked 19th in yards allowed per pass attempt (6.7).
- Against the run, the Panthers ranked 18th in the NFL with 2,085 rushing yards allowed (122.6 per game) and 11th in yards allowed per rush attempt (4.3).
- Defensively, Carolina ranked 23rd in the NFL in third-down percentage allowed at 41.1%. In red-zone efficiency allowed, it was 18th (56.1%).
Who comes out on top when the Seahawks and the Panthers square off? Use our link to sign up at BetMGM for a first-time deposit bonus and place your bets today!
Seahawks Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Seahawks' defense struggled to keep opponents out of the end zone, as it ranked 25th in the league with 23.6 points allowed per game. When it came to total yards, the team ranked 26th with 6,149 total yards allowed (361.7 per game).
- When it came to stopping the pass, Seattle allowed 3,595 passing yards last year, ranking 14th in the league. In terms of passing TDs allowed, it ranked 14th in the NFL with 23.
- Against the run, the Seahawks struggled last season, with 2,554 rushing yards allowed (30th in NFL). They ranked 27th with 21 rushing touchdowns allowed.
- On defense, Seattle ranked 24th in the NFL in red-zone percentage allowed at 59.6%. In third-down efficiency allowed, it was 27th (42.3%).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.